Bismarck is One Manly Place
If you're looking for a rugged yet refined destination then Bismarck, ND, is your place. Clinging to the prairies is that "frontier" feel, while downtown provides a sense of the genteel. The Rough Rider himself, Theodore Roosevelt, once said that if not for his experiences in North Dakota he wouldn't have had the gumption to become president. Bismarck is home to half a dozen historic sites, including military forts, more than 235 miles of snowmobile trails and is within driving distance of 18 golf courses. Bismarck offers great fishing along the Missouri River and ample places to hunt. It's a sportsman's paradise no matter what the sport.
Manly Things to Do:
• Tour Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, which features the headquarters of the 7th Cavalry and last command of Gen. George Armstrong Custer.
• Follow the footsteps of Lewis & Clark with a visit to Fort Mandan and a walk through Keelboat Park.
• Head to Buckstop Junction for a recreation of life in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Manly Places to Eat:
• Pirogue Grille
• Peacock Alley American Grill & Bar
• Jack's Steakhouse & Saloon
Bismarck, ND, also made our Top 10 Golf Cities list.