Charlotte's Sports Make it a Manly Place to Play
In 2010, Charlotte, NC, was named "America's Manliest City" in a study done by the maker of the snack food COMBOS. Salty snack sales accounted for some of the ranking. We think it's a manly city because of its sports scene, abundant outdoor adventures, motorsports, and strong selection of food and restaurants that slap a thick steak on their grills. Charlotte, a.k.a. the Queen City, is home to the largest man-made whitewater river and one of the largest outdoor climbing structures in the U.S. It's also home to the NFL's Carolina Panthers, the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats and eight other pro sports teams (including roller derby), the NASCAR Hall of Fame, a racetrack and the nation's largest financial institution – Bank of America.
Manly Things to Do:
• Get your need for speed at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
• Test your skills at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, where there's kayaking, mountain biking, hiking and rock climbing.
• Experince some serious G-force at Carowinds, a 122-acre amusement park with 13 roller coasters.
• Reel 'em in on a chartered fishing trip on Lake Norman.
Manly Places to Eat:
• Enjoy a seven-course fest at the McNinch House Restaurant.
• Aquavina Steaks and Seafood
• McKoy's Smokehouse and Saloon
Find more things to do in Charlotte, NC.