Fun Things To Do in Glasgow, KY
Rich in history and recreational opportunities, there's something fun for everyone to enjoy in Glasgow-Barren County.
1. Visit Barren River Lake State Resort Park to enjoy camping, boating and other outdoor activities.
2. Watch musical acts and theatrical productions at the Plaza Theatre.
3. Explore the world's longest known cave system at Mammoth Cave National Park.
5. Examine fossils and learn about more than 150 life-size dinosaurs at Dinosaur World.
Click on the video below for a sneak peak.
6. Play a variety of Scottish games, listen to music and take part in social events at the Glasgow Highland Games.
7. Learn about the history of the “Barrens” – Metcalfe, Allen, Hart, Monroe and Barren counties – at the South Central Kentucky Cultural Center.
8. Discover what happened during a Civil War battle fought between the Union and Confederate armies at Fort Williams.
9. Ride horses, enjoy bumper boats and rent canoes at Kentucky Action Park.
10. Stop by Bell's Tavern, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places; the site is the same today as it was in 1865.
Check out more fun in Glasgow, KY.