The Arts Take on Many Forms in Jackson
From traditional arts such as pottery and painting to unusual and eclectic crafts such as slumped glassware and recycled metal sculptures, the art in Jackson is as varied as the city's artists.
- Nowhere is that better illustrated than among the members of TACA West, the Jackson chapter of the Tennessee Association of Craft Artists TACA West has approximately 25 members and draws from 14 counties.
- The Jackson Arts Council is another artist-based organization that helps make the community aware of local art. The council is an umbrella organization for not-for-profit arts groups.
- The Jackson Theatre Guild which uses volunteer actors and has been a part of the Jackson arts scene for nearly 40 years, offering four to five shows per season.
- The Traditional Skills and Fiberworks Guild does weaving, spinning and soap making – things that were handed down from generation to generation.
- Performing arts groups such as Ballet Arts Inc. of Jackson, the Jackson Symphony Orchestra, and the Casey Jones Barbershop Chorus, are also part of the Jackson Arts Council and add diversity to the Jackson arts scene.
- Jackson is also home to the International Rockabilly Hall of Fame and the Jackson Photographic Association.