Muskogee, OK is Manly City
In his hit Okie from Muskogee, Merle Haggard helped to define Muskogee's vibe as "a place where even squares can have a ball." So what makes Muskogee a great place to be a man? Well for starters, it's surrounded by some of the best fishing holes in the country. Then there's the USS Batfish Submarine & Military Museum, Castle of Muskogee, casino, golf courses, maritime activities and plenty of places to drink a beer and listen to music. On top of that, Muskogee is quickly becoming a destination for motorcycle riders to cruise along asphalt rollercoasters.
Manly Things to Do:
• Step inside the USS Batfish, the "champion submarine-killing submarine of WWII."
• Cruise over to the Three Forks Harbor area for great fishing and boating.
• Storm the Castle of Muskogee.
Manly Places to Eat:
• Bob's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
• Max's Garage (a bar and grill set inside an old tire shop)
• Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Store (because even manly men have a sweet tooth)
Read about more eats and treats in Muskogee.