Fun Things To Do in Kinston, NC
PHOTO CREDIT: Todd Bennett
From museums and historic homes to outdoor activities and sporting events, Kinston-Lenoir County offers something fun for everyone to enjoy.
1. Try your hand at disc golf during a game at Barnet Park.
2. Visit the Cultural Heritage Museum to learn more about the Civil War through educational displays, presentations, tours and programs.
4. Tour Harmony Hall, which is the only historically significant house left in the area; the home was built in 1772 and has been restored multiple times, most recently in 1984.
5. Explore the CCS Neuse State Historic Site to discover more information the ironclad gunboat and Richard Caswell, the first governor of North Carolina.
6. Shop the variety of stores at the Vernon Park Mall.
7. Make your way through a planetarium, science & health museum and exchange nature center at Neuseway Nature Park.
8. Find fresh fruits and vegetables at the Lenoir County Farmer's Market.
9. Enjoy a theatrical performance at the Grainger-Hill Performing Arts Center; this theater is housed in one of the last remaining examples of Greek Classical Revival architecture in the state, and is listed in the National Historic Register.
Find more activities in the Kinston, NC area.