St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center in Pueblo, CO
St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical resource providing comprehensive services to the communities of southern Colorado.
A 408-bed facility, St. Mary-Corwin has been caring for the families of southern Colorado for more than 125 years, and continues to grow and expand to ensure it meets the future needs of its community.
A two-story boarding house in Pueblo was converted into St. Mary’s Hospital by the Sisters of Charity in 1882. The hospital’s excellent reputation led the Colorado Fuel & Iron Company to transfer ownership of its own Corwin Hospital to the sisters in the late 1940s. St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center was formed shortly thereafter.
Today St. Mary-Corwin is a modern community resource with its own Flight For Life helicopter base, a three-year residency program, a state-of-the-art, comprehensive cancer center, and one of the first stroke centers in Colorado.
The hospital has more than 1,000 associates and treats more than 35,000 emergency room visits a year, with a philosophy of extending the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the community.
Key services include:
• Outstanding oncology services and one of the leading cancer centers in Colorado, the Dorcy Cancer Center
• A full range of services for women and newborns, including The Birth Place for labor and delivery, a certified Level II newborn nursery and a variety of classes for expectant families
• Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center with disease-specific certification for high quality care for acute stroke
• State-of-the-art imaging and Diagnostic Services, including the only American College of Radiology-accredited stereotactic Breast Screening & Diagnostic Center in Southern Colorado. St. Mary Corwin provides more mammograms than any hospital in the Centura Health system.
• Emergency services with a designated trauma center and Flight For Life helicopter base
• Comprehensive Cardiovascular Services including diagnostic, interventional and non-invasive procedures, electrophysiology, Neurodiagnostic Center and cardiac rehabilitation
• Comprehensive Diabetes Services, including an award-winning patient education program
• Inpatient, acute, medical rehabilitation unit; inpatient rehabilitation services
• Interventional radiology program with vascular access services and percutaneous vascular stenting
• Largest, accredited family practice residency program south of Denver; Southern Colorado Family Medicine
• Comprehensive neurology, neurosurgery and neuro rehabilitation service, including minimally invasive spine surgery
• Ambulatory Infusion Center
• Acute hemodialysis, peritonial dialysis and phenesis services
• Innovative perioperative holding area providing a more inclusive environment for family involvement at all phases of the perioperative experience
• Pharmacy-directed services, including diabetes prevention, coumadin clinic, lipid clinic, intravenous iron and erythroporetin therapy for anemia
Read more on Pueblo, CO health.