Fun Things To Do in Roanoke Rapids, NC
Getting active is easy in Roanoke Valley, NC, as the area offers a variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, fishing and boating. In addition, cultural options including museums and historic landmarks are plentiful.
1. Go boating or fishing on the Roanoke River, or set up camp in the area.
2. Explore the 18 acres the Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park has to offer, and learn about the importance of waterfowl, wildlife and wetland conservation.
3. Enjoy a comedy, musical, drama or concert at the Lakeland Community Theatre and Cultural Arts Center.
4. Learn about the original Roanoke Navigation Canal and enjoy the area's wildlife by visiting the Roanoke Canal Trail and Museum.
5. Watch a theatrical performance or concert at the Roanoke Rapids Theatre, a 1,500-seat venue.
6. Discover more about Roanoke Valley veterans and the legacy they left behind by touring the Dallas Jones Roanoke Valley Veterans Center and Museum.
7. Shop the stores and boutiques in Becker Village Mall, open seven days a week.
8. Experience the outdoors at Medoc Mountain State Park; camp, canoe, fish or hike the trails.
10. Tour the Allen Grove Rosenwald School, which was constructed in the 1920s and has been well-preserved.
Find more activities around Roanoke Rapids, NC.