1. New and existing businesses have spent nearly $500,000 on façade improvements to many of the buildings, attracting locals and visitors as well as additional investment into the area.
5 Cool Things You Should Know About Downtown Prattville
2. One of Prattville’s most iconic landmarks, the 40-acre cotton gin factory built by Daniel Pratt in the 1840s, has been given new life as an apartment complex, aided by $5 million in historic tax credits.
3. Town founder Daniel Pratt wanted a city that looked like his native New England, so he created specific spaces for businesses, churches, schools and homes, with architecture featuring graceful arches and soaring ceilings.
4. Canoe and kayak access to the Autauga Creek is available from the Creekwalk Garden green space behind City Hall. This 13-mile waterway is spring-fed, allowing for year-round paddling even during the dry summer months.
5. Prattville loves a party, with celebrations for Christmas, Mardi Gras, Independence Day and Halloween. Music and arts are on display throughout the year, highlighted by the Wilson Pickett Festival and Prattville Cityfest.