1. Hang out at Iroquois Park, where residents love to go for horseback riding, picnicking, fishing, walking trails, and golfing.
2. Visit the Louisville Science Center to get a hands-on educational and entertaining experience exploring the science around you.
3. Experience the sights and sounds of the Kentucky Derby through award-winning films, exhibits and unique hands-on activities at the Kentucky Derby Museum.
4. Connect yourself to the history of Riverside through archaeology and interesting events throughout the year at Riverside, Farnsley Moremen House.
5. Be inspired by boxer Muhammad Ali's legacy to promote bringing individuals together through contemporary exhibits and educational programs at the Muhammad Ali Center.
6. Become fascinated with lovable koalas, baby gorillas, mysterious tigers and many more animals by visiting the Louisville Zoo.
7. Don't miss the greatest Broadway performances ever showcased live at the Actor Theater of Louisville.
8. Find relaxation at Tom Sawyer State Park, adoring nature's great outdoors or enjoying the park's indoor facility with a gymnasium, weight-room and Olympic pool.
9. Take off the first Saturday in May to bet on the winners of thoroughbred horses racing to the finish line at the annual Kentucky Derby.
10. Celebrate the spring season and the community's enthusiasm for the Kentucky Derby with 70-plus events and fireworks during the two-week long Kentucky Derby Festival.
Find more recreational activities in Louisville.