Maine : What you need to know
From harbors overlooking the Atlantic Ocean to Baxter Peak, the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail, Maine offers a variety of natural beauty. Residents living in Maine experience all four seasons, including harsh winters and cool summers. Portland, Bangor and Augusta are among the best places to live in Maine. Shipbuilding, blueberries, tourism and of course lobsters play a large role in Maine’s economy. Maine is the home state of Stephen King, a prolific author of mystery and horror stories.
Read More About Maine
- From a real-life Polar Express to a formal ball with penguins in attendance(!), New England pulls out all the stops for the holidays. All aboard!
- We all know Napa Valley and Sonoma, but these are places you'd never suspect to find a glass of good vino.
- Swing on by these Instagram accounts next time you're surfing the Internet for some of the best views America has to offer.
- Discover Maine's booming downtowns that are increasingly attracting young entrepreneurs, creative class workers and young professionals with their cultural, economic and recreational opportunities.
- Learn how Maine's higher education institutions offer the state a competitive advantage for attracting relocating and expanding businesses.
- See what draws creative startups to Maine's hot technology community.
- Learn how Maine has taken a leadership role in the renewable energy industry, thanks to the pioneering work of businesses across the state that are advancing the development of wind, biomass and tidal resources.
- Learn how Maine farmers and fisheries are meeting today's needs for healthy, tasty and sustainable foods from land and sea.
- Discover how Maine is building on its rich legacy of life sciences innovation and expertise to deepen its impact in biomedicine, medical devices, diagnostic tools and pharmaceuticals.
Featured Cities in Maine
Find a City in MaineSearch for any city in Maine to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about ME
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$49,331|
|Median Home Price||$173,800|
|Median Property Tax||$1,336|
Employment Rate in ME
Race in ME
Employment Rate in ME
Educational Levels in ME
|Graduate or Professional Degree||10.3%|
|High School Graduate||33.2%|
|Some College, No Degree||19.9%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||29%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||91.6%|
Industry in ME
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.5%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||3.8%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.2%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8.6%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||27.5%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.4%|
Housing in ME
Best places to Live in Maine
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Old Orchard Beach||8,697||$194,300||$44,205|