Montana: What you need to know
Living in Montana gives residents access to some of the best trout fishing in the country, massive mountains and wide open prairies. Some of the best places to live in Montana include Billings, Bozeman and Missoula. These cities offer thriving economies, vibrant culture and lots of things to do, including shopping, great restaurants and museums. Downtown Bozeman draws many tourists while Missoula’s microbreweries, concert venues and charm lures new residents.
- Livingston is a small town near Yellowstone — it's also the country's least expected literary hotspot. Here's how the town attracts writers (and readers) from all over the world.
- Montana is an explorer's paradise brimming with wilderness, solitude, beauty and wonder.
- Montana is so much more than beautiful scenery — from jobs to sports to literature, here are 6 reasons to relocate to Big Sky Country.
- Take a look at Montana's most budget-friendly cities that also happen to be great places to live
Read More About Montana
- Companies represent healthcare, agriculture, banking and more.
- List includes two hospitals and the University of Montana
- Local Food Advocacy Group ranks Montana in Annual Index
- Check out Helena's can't-miss attractions and activities
Featured Cities in Montana
Find a City in MontanaSearch for any city in Montana to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MT
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$47,169|
|Median Home Price||$193,500|
|Median Property Tax||$1,294|
Employment Rate in MT
Race in MT
Employment Rate in MT
Educational Levels in MT
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.5%|
|High School Graduate||30.1%|
|Some College, No Degree||24.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||29.5%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||92.8%|
Industry in MT
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||7.3%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.8%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.4%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8.2%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.2%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||10.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.9%|
Housing in MT
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Montana
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Anaconda-Deer Lodge County||9,211||$130,100||$39,399|
|Helena Valley West Central||8,564||$206,500||$66,692|
|Helena Valley Southeast||7,383||$180,300||$54,223|