From history buffs to outdoor enthusiasts to performing arts fanatics, everyone can find something enjoyable to do in Fulton County.
1. Visit the Wildlife Sports and Education Museum to learn about hunting, fishing and trapping from colonial times until now.
2. Walk, run or bike on the Rail Trail, an 8-mile paved path that runs from Johnstown to Gloversville.
3. Enjoy roller skating, go karts and batting cages at High Rollers Family Fun Center in Amsterdam.
4. Play a round at the Fox Run Golf Club – and don't be afraid to work up an appetite, because the facility offers a restaurant that's open to the public.
5. Discover your wild side at Adirondack Animal Land, which is home to more than 500 animals and features the largest animal petting area in the Adirondacks.
6. Catch a show at the Colonial Little Theatre, one of the oldest community theaters in the state.
7. Check out a variety of interesting exhibits at the Fulton County Museum, focusing on preserving and promoting the history of the county.
8. Tour the Olde Knox Mansion, built in 1898, and take in the Victorian-era décor and architecture. Guests may also stay the night, as the house also serves as a bed-and-breakfast.
10. Savor a fine dining experience at the Union Hall Inn Restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner.
Learn about more fun things to do in Johnstown, NY.