Rhode Island: What you need to know
Living in Rhode Island allows diners to feast on fresh lobster, oysters and seafood throughout the year. Rhode Island’s 400 miles of coastline and collection of historic landmarks draw thousands of tourists each year. Events like Gaspee Days celebrate the historic role Rhode Island played the American Revolution. Providence, Warwick and Cranston are among the best places to live in Rhode Island. Fishing, tourism and banking drive the economy in Rhode Island.
Read More About Rhode Island
- These innovative shared kitchen spaces are helping local food businesses grow in exciting and delicious ways.
- Think you might have a secret talent for curling or luge? (Don't we all?) Here's where to go to find out.
- Rhode Island may be a small state, but it doesn't skimp on quirkiness. Here are a few things every newcomer needs to know.
- From a real-life Polar Express to a formal ball with penguins in attendance(!), New England pulls out all the stops for the holidays. All aboard!
- Top attractions include Roger Williams Park Zoo, Providence Performing Arts Center, and the Museum of Natural History & Planetarium.
Featured Cities in Rhode Island
Find a City in Rhode IslandSearch for any city in Rhode Island to find your best place to live..
Rhode Island Profile
Quick Facts about RI
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$56,852|
|Median Home Price||$238,000|
|Median Property Tax||$1,815|
Employment Rate in RI
Race in RI
Employment Rate in RI
Educational Levels in RI
|Graduate or Professional Degree||12.8%|
|High School Graduate||27.3%|
|Some College, No Degree||18.5%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||31.9%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||86.2%|
Industry in RI
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||0.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||3.7%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.8%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||9.7%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||27.4%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||10.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.6%|
Housing in RI
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Rhode Island
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|