1. The right choice: A region of more than 400,00 residents, Victor Valley – which includes the communities of Adelanto, Apple Valley, Barstow, Hesperia and Victorville – offers a prime location, a business-friendly regulatory environment, affordable land and a job-ready workforce.
2. On the grow: The region’s diverse economy includes key industry sectors in manufacturing, aviation production, distribution and logistics, and health care.
3. Made in Victor Valley: A number of globally known manufacturers have a presence in the region including ConAgra Foods, Nutro Products, Church & Dwight, Plastipak and Arden Furniture.
4. Well distributed: The region is a strategic West Coast distribution point for companies including Walmart, Newell Rubbermaid, Mars Chocolate, Red Bull, Goodyear Tire & Rubber and Dr Pepper Snapple Group.
5. Good resources: Public agencies are proactive and work with business. Mojave Water Agency (MWA) is a key player in enhancing water sustainability throughout the desert area. The Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District, for example, is invested in supporting sustainable economic growth.
6. Sustainable environment: The region has long been on the lead lap of sustainability. In 2010, Walmart opened its distribution center in Apple Valley and installed more than 5,000 solar panels to help power it, and more recently, developers of the master-planned Tapestry community of 19,000 homes said each of the homes will feature solar panel installations.
7. Career collaboration: Colleges, schools and businesses in the Victor Valley are teaming up to provide students with education and training to secure top jobs in the region and build pathways to rewarding careers.
8. All outdoors: Victor Valley provides an abundance of lakes and lakeside parks throughout the region, including Mojave Narrows Regional Park. Boundless recreation opportunities including hiking, biking and horseback riding along the Pacific Crest Trail; skiing in Big Bear, Wrightwood and Snow Valley areas; ziplining and rappelling at Big Pines in Wrightwood; and off-roading at El Mirage Dry Lake.
9. Arts minded: Arts and entertainment attractions include the High Desert Center for the Arts. The region hosts a number of signature festivals including the Desert Rocks Film and Music Event in Hesperia.
10. Quality care: Victory Valley residents have access to a roster of award-winning health systems that offer the full range of treatments throughout the community.