Home > TX > Education, Careers & Opportunity > Abundant Accelerators Speed Growth for Texas Startups

Abundant Accelerators Speed Growth for Texas Startups

Texas has 63 accelerators and incubators to help launch startups.

By Livability.com on February 7, 2014

Texas takes startups seriously. With 63 accelerators and incubators throughout the state, emerging companies find a wealth of resources to propel them from the embryonic stage into a growth trajectory. Presently, 60 percent of these Texas facilities are focused on the high technology field, with specialization in the promising niches of biotechnology, energy, telecom and aerospace. The other 40 percent cover a wide spectrum, working with clients across industry sectors.
A sampling within life sciences includes the Biotech Manufacturing Center of Texas, the only full-scale biotech manufacturing incubator in the country; and the Pipeline at BioCenter in North Texas, dedicated to helping biomedical startups.
Energy accelerators include the San Antonio Clean Energy Incubator and University of Houston Research Park. In the high-tech field, emerging companies can turn to facilities such as Baylor University’s Innovative Business Accelerator, North Texas Regional Center of Innovation & Commercialization and the Hub of Human Innovation. Texas even has the SXSW Music Accelerator in Austin, aimed at discovering the latest in music-related technology.
Depending on their mission, these incubators and accelerators in Texas offer fledgling companies everything from inexpensive office space to technical expertise, networking, business plan generation, licensing agreements and seed capital sources. Most are public/private partnerships managed in conjunction with economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, local governments or for-profit businesses, colleges or universities.
Texas’ vibrant entrepreneurial spirit is evidenced by the arrival of TechStars, DreamIt and TechWildcatters – all located in the state – on Forbes’s Top Ten Incubators and Accelerators list in 2012.

Array ( )
Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => 123164 ) [1] => Array ( [0] => 101637 ) )
Array ( )
Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => 123164 ) [1] => Array ( [0] => 101637 ) )

More To Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Keep up to date with our latest rankings and articles!
Enter your email to be added to our mailing list.

/n/n/n /n