Whether you visit for the weekend or call it home, Victoria is always alive with activity. There's something to suit everyone, from one-of-a-kind festivals to world-class art.
1. Go to the Riverside Park and Rose Garden, where you can visit the zoo, smell the roses, and play a round of golf.
2. Let the kids explore the hands-on exhibits at the Children's Discovery Museum.
3. Grow culturally with music, food, and more at the annual Czech Heritage Festival in September.
4. Celebrate classical music as renowned musicians from around the country perform at the Victoria Bach Festival.
5. Enjoy a night out at the Victoria Ballet.
6. Grab a camera and head to the Texas Zoo, known as The National Zoo of Texas, where approximately 100 animals live, including lions, tigers, red wolves and baboons.
7. Listen to a performance by the Victoria Symphony Orchestra.
8. Browse the Nave Museum, a fine arts museum showcasing traveling exhibits of both classical and modern eras.
9. Take Victoria Preservation Inc.'s annual historic homes and cemetery tours to learn more about the city's history and beautiful architecture.
10. Buy fresh and local produce at the Victoria Farmers Market.