Utah: What you need to know
Utah offers and abundance of year-round outdoor recreation activities, highlighted by five national parks. Cited as one of the fasted growing states by the U.S. Census Bureau, Utah is a major center for mining, information technology, cattle ranching and government services. Best places to live in Utah include Salt Lake City, Provo, Ogden, and West Jordan. Top Colleges in Utah include Brigham Young, Utah, Utah State and Weber State.
- Utah is an outdoor adventure paradise — here's where to live without breaking the bank.
- Utah doesn't just have the great outdoors, it has the best outdoors!
- Salt Lake City, Ogden, St. George are among popular cities
Read More About Utah
- Want an unforgettable outdoor experience without the hassle, cost and crowds? Check out these fantastic state parks.
- Think you have to go to New Zealand to immerse yourself in Lord of the Rings scenery? Think again.
- No skis? No problem. These mountain paradises offer plenty of activities on and off the slopes.
- Swing on by these Instagram accounts next time you're surfing the Internet for some of the best views America has to offer.
- Veteran riders talk bikes, prepping and six extraordinary trips to take
Featured Cities in Utah
Find a City in UtahSearch for any city in Utah to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about UT
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$60,727|
|Median Home Price||$215,900|
|Median Property Tax||$1,428|
Employment Rate in UT
Race in UT
Employment Rate in UT
Educational Levels in UT
|Graduate or Professional Degree||10.4%|
|High School Graduate||23.2%|
|Some College, No Degree||27.4%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||31.1%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||91.2%|
Industry in UT
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.7%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.5%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||11.8%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21.9%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.6%|
Housing in UT
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Utah
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Salt Lake City||190,679||$237,700||$47,243|
|West Valley City||133,660||$166,500||$52,534|