These 16 Photos Will Make You Want to Move to Utah
Zion, Arches, Bryce, the Wasatch Range: Utah is almost too beautiful to behold.
If you love the outdoors, you'll go to Utah once and dream of it for the rest of the time you're not there. The skiing, the hiking, the climbing, the boating: The question isn't, "What's there to do in the Beehive State?" The question is, "What isn't there to do in the Beehive State?"
But enough talking. If you haven't been, let these images be the inspiration to get there. If you have been, let these images be the reason you return.
1. The Wave - Kane, Utah
2. Cecret Lake - Alta, Utah
3. The road to Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - Kanab, Utah
4. Bryce Canyon - Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
5. Delicate Arch - Arches National Park, Utah
6. Cottonwood alcove - Zion National Park, Utah
7. Mount Timpanogos - near Salt Lake City, Utah
8. Alta Ski Area - Alta, Utah
9. Amtrak near Cisco, Utah
10. The Cosmic Navel - Garfield, Utah
Some words on the shot from the photographer:
"The Cosmic Navel, a.k.a. Cosmic Ashtray, Red Breaks Volcano, or Islomania Dome, is a rock form inside a bowl of sand atop a slick rock peak in southern Utah. To reach it, I traveled about 10 miles down Hole-in-the-rock Road near Escalante and turned left (east) onto Harris Wash Road. After about 7 miles, this rough dirt road crosses Harris Wash. There is a sign saying that further travel is limited to “Authorized Vehicles Only,” so I stopped the truck at that point. There are a few pullouts for primitive camping and I took one, intending to spend the night. I signed the trail register and started out down the road, across the wash, and walked in sometimes sandy conditions for about 4 miles."
11. Calf Creek Falls - Escalante, Utah
12. Turret Arch, seen through North Window - Arches National Park, Utah
13. Sunrise along Interstate 70 in eastern Utah
14. Old barn - Scipio, Utah
Notes from the photographer on the location:
"Scipio, Utah is near dead-center Utah, a pioneer settlement and a pit stop on the way to Capitol Reef National Park. It has a gas station and a fast-food restaurant and some funky barns. It isn't the central coast of California, but it is pretty in its own way if you aren't in a hurry."
15. Zion National Park - Bryce, Utah
16. Red Canyon Tunnel, near Bryce Canyon, Utah