1. Visit Barter Theatre, a historic, beautiful place to enjoy live drama, musicals, classics, and comedies along with acting classes and day camps in the summer.
2. Get some fresh air bike riding, hiking, camping, fishing and horse riding on the Virginia Creeper Trail's 34-mile rail; extending from Whitetop to Abingdon, Virgina.
3. Challenge your golfing skills at Greenway Creek Golf Course's public 18-hole course featuring 5,552 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 68.
4. Expand your cultural knowledge at the Virginia Highlands Festival with 150 top artisans showcased, book signings, lectures, and live performances in July and August.
5. Take a walk back in time by visiting the William King Museum. The facility is filled with art from the Cultural Heritage Project, local and international artists, and classes are offered year round for children and adults.
6. Have an evening out with the whole family or a romantic date watching a movie in the comfort of your own car at the Moonlite Drive-In.
7. Meet new friends while getting in shape through physical fitness and general group and individual exercise at the Harry L. Coomes Recreation Center.
8. Get inspired by vendors at the Abingdon Farmers Market to stock up on local produce and learn farming and cooking techniques.
9. Enjoy a scenic view of the mountains while camping, fishing and hunting at Mount Rogers National Recreation Area.
10. Bring the family out to the Leo "Muscle" Sholes Memorial Park for a game of baseball, a swim in the public pool or a picnic.
Still curious? Check out more fun things to do in Abingdon, VA.