From outdoor activities to live performances – this city is a fun place to be
With options sure to suit a multitude of interests — from outdoor activities to shopping to live performances — Castle Rock is a fun place to be, for residents and visitors alike. Take advantage of the variety of opportunities this city has to offer.
1. Listen to the Castle Rock Orchestra, a community group that performs a variety of music, including Impressionism, Americana, pops and film tunes.
2. Enjoy a day of golf at one of Castle Rock’s many courses, such as Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course, Bear Dance Golf Course, The Club at Pradera, the Country Club at Castle Pines and the Pinery Country Club.
3. Prowl for antiques, gifts and other must-haves at The Barn, which consists of several unique shops and boutiques.
4. Check out a performance by the Front Range Theatre Company, formerly known as the Castle Rock Players.
5. Take a hike through more than 13 miles of trails at Castlewood Canyon State Park.
6. Stock up on fresh local produce at the Plum Creek Valley Farmers Market, open from July until October.
7. Visit Cherokee Ranch & Castle and take a tour of the castle, enjoy afternoon tea or take in the fine art that is on display.
8. Shop till you drop at the Outlets at Castle Rock, which is home to more than 120 stores.
9. Bring your dog to Glendale Farm Open Space Dog Park and watch your pooch enjoy agility equipment and trails.
10. Grab some skates or a bike and head to the Castle Rock Skatepark for some fun and exercise.
Yes, there are even more fun things to do in Castle Rock, CO.