Livability.com editors are always searching for ways to showcase cities and help others discover what makes a community a great place to live. You can help make sure there’s nothing we’ve missed. Perhaps you’ve got pictures of a favorite park, a review of an undiscovered restaurant, a video tour of a city’s best places or a compelling story about how the community makes new residents feel welcomed. Share it with Livability.com, a website that celebrates quality of life.
Maybe you’ve got a list of the best bars, can’t miss events or the most scenic spots in your city. How about helping out new residents or tourists with descriptions of your favorite things to do, restaurants or experiences. What information would have helped you when you were new to town? What are the hidden treasures in your city? Your story may be chosen to appear on our site.
- Send an email to Winona Dimeo-Ediger, at email@example.com.
- Put “Story Submission” in the subject line.
- Email your story in the body copy. No attachments please.
- Include a byline and information about yourself so we can create your bio page.
Want to share a photo that makes a city look beautiful, highlights one of your favorite things to do or helps capture what it’s like to live in a place?
- Send an email to Winona Dimeo-Ediger, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put “Favorite Photo” in the subject line.
- Be sure to tell us the city where the photo was taken, a description and the photographer’s name for the photo credit.
Got a video that shows off a city’s best side? Maybe you’ve shot a montage of a popular festival, fair or event. Take us on a tour of your favorite places.
- Send an email Winona Dimeo-Ediger, at email@example.com with a link to your Youtube or Vimeo video.
- Put “Video Submission” in the subject line.
- Be sure to tell us what the video is about, where it was shot and the videographer’s name.
Why Share With Us?
You’ll get that warm and fuzzy feeling that comes when you help promote your favorite place and help others discover what’s so good about it. You’ll create a link to your website or blog through your bio page. You’ll be able to tell your parents that someone is actually taking you serious for change.
Things to Note: Our editors reserve the right to edit your story and make it work best for our site. You’ll receive a notice if your story is chosen to publish. Be sure to share a link to your story once it’s live. Feel free to write multiple stories about your city. Do not send us press releases or advertisements. That’s not cool.
Attention Professional Freelancers
We also accept pitches from professional writers who are paid to create original content. If you’ve got an idea for a story, tell us what you want to write about.
Email to Director of Digital Media, Cara Sanders, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Story Pitch” in the subject line. Include at least two links to your published writing. No attachments please. If we like your pitch we’ll talk payment.