Louisiana: What you need to know
Residents living in Louisiana enjoy a subtropical climate characterized by hot, humid summers and mild winters. Located on the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana provides a variety of outdoor recreation options from beaches and swamps to golf courses, hiking trails and bike paths. New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles, LaPlace Kenner and Shreveport are among the best places to live in Louisiana. Top industries in Louisiana include petroleum and natural gas production, tourism, filmmaking and seafood, especially crawfish.
- Cajun state offers c'est bon living for cheap
- Attractive cities include Lafayette, Lake Charles, Alexandria.
- Discover what makes Southwest Louisiana a top spot to put down roots
- Learn how Citgo, Sasol and liquified natural gas facilities shape the energy sector.
Read More About Louisiana
- Get ready to eat and drink your way through Louisiana (you'd better loosen your belt for this)
- Our lovely infographic breaks it all down, including some hidden taxes you may not be aware of.
- Breweries abound within a 100 miles of Baton Rouge, LA
- A list of the major employers in the Kennner, LA area.
- Shreveport offers an array of jobs across the occupation spectrum, from the military to medical centers
Featured Cities in Louisiana
Find a City in LouisianaSearch for any city in Louisiana to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about LA
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$45,047|
|Median Home Price||$144,100|
|Median Property Tax||$1,200|
Employment Rate in LA
Race in LA
Employment Rate in LA
Educational Levels in LA
|Graduate or Professional Degree||7.7%|
|High School Graduate||33.9%|
|Some College, No Degree||21.4%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||22.5%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||83.4%|
Industry in LA
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||4.7%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.2%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.1%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8.8%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.4%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||10.3%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.2%|
Housing in LA
Best places to Live in Louisiana
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|