North Dakota : What you need to know
Oil extraction has led to a growth spurt in North Dakota, but there are many other reasons people move to this state. Technology, research and manufacturing companies continue to set up shop in Fargo, which along with Bismarck and Grand Forks, is one of the best places to live in North Dakota. An abundance of horseback riding trails, places to canoe and fish and areas to hike provide the people living in North Dakota with plenty of outdoor recreation options.
Read More About North Dakota
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- Vibrant community, strong economy await in Fargo: Just bundle up
- Infrastructure, housing, education put this bustling city out ahead
- Higher education institutions enhance quality of life
- Fargo's research, technology, and manufacturing industries are growing with major companies such as Microsoft, Phoenix, and Echelon Corporation.
- A thriving economy, amenities help make this Great Plains city one of the country's best places to live
- Exciting nightlife, trendy restaurants and unique shopping.
- Fargo, ND's Roger Maris Museum honors the great 1961 New York Yankees Baseball Player.
- Fargo's major companies range from healthcare to sporting goods, which shows the city's diverse workforce and economy.
Featured Cities in North Dakota
Find a City in North DakotaSearch for any city in North Dakota to find your best place to live..
North Dakota Profile
Quick Facts about ND
|Latest Population Increase||2.36%|
|Median Household Income||$57,181|
|Median Home Price||$153,800|
|Median Property Tax||$1,243|
Employment Rate in ND
Race in ND
Employment Rate in ND
Educational Levels in ND
|Graduate or Professional Degree||7.6%|
|High School Graduate||27.4%|
|Some College, No Degree||23.4%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||27.7%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||91.7%|
Industry in ND
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||9.5%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.7%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.7%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||6.6%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.6%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||7.8%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.3%|
Housing in ND
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in North Dakota
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Grand Forks AFB||2,663||$0||$41,538|