Kentucky : What you need to know
Known for its horse farms, bourbon distilleries and one of the best college basketball programs in the country, Kentucky provides residents with abundant natural resources and refined culture. Many outdoor lovers consider moving to Kentucky after visiting attractions like Mammoth Cave National Park, Red River Gorge and Lake Cumberland. Cities in Kentucky celebrate the state’s rich history and agricultural ties. Lexington, Danville and Louisville are among the best places to live in Kentucky.
- Among the top spots are Bowling Green, Owensboro, Paducah.
- Find out what makes the Bluegrass State an excellent place to live.
- Horses and bourbon drive affordable living in the Bluegrass State
- Kentucky offers a rich and varied array of companies, from the health sector to manufacturing and education.
Read More About Kentucky
- Much like the bourbon trail, Kentucky's cities and towns offer up delectable sugar confections on a different kind of trail.
- As the site of many corporate headquarters and start-up operations, Louisville major employers offer employment opportunities in diverse industries.
- A vibrant, ambitious city thrives in the heart of horse country
- Area businesses give adult beverage culture refreshing twists
- Savor the flavor at these top eateries
- Great schools, robust arts scene, restaurants and diverse neighborhoods attract new residents
- Kentucky is a top tourism spot thanks to a strong incentive plan, festivals, attractions, cultural offerings and outdoor destinations.
- The University of Kentucky's Center for Applied Energy Research has expanded its original coal-focused mandate to include renewable and alternative fuels.
- Kentucky has seven operating river ports and its access to the Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee and Cumberland rivers provides shipping conduits to the Great Lakes, Mexican and South American markets, and to the deep-draft ports of New Orleans and Mobile for shipments overseas.
Featured Cities in Kentucky
Find a City in KentuckySearch for any city in Kentucky to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about KY
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$43,740|
|Median Home Price||$123,200|
|Median Property Tax||$1,112|
Employment Rate in KY
Race in KY
Employment Rate in KY
Educational Levels in KY
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.2%|
|High School Graduate||33.6%|
|Some College, No Degree||20.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||22.3%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||84.2%|
Industry in KY
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.7%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.9%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.4%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||7.8%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.2%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.7%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.7%|
Housing in KY
Best places to Live in Kentucky
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|