Maryland : What you need to know
Home to The Johns Hopkins University, Port of Baltimore and one of the lowest poverty rates in the country, Maryland is among the most densely populated states in the nation. Frederick, Easton, Rockville and Baltimore are among the best places to live in Maryland. Located near Washington D.C., many Maryland residents work in the service sector, for government agencies or contractors. Commercial fishing and manufacturing are large industries in Maryland.
- Maryland is the one place where it's OK to get a little crabby.
- These Maryland cities offer affordable living to even the most budget-conscious of residents.
- First-rate cities include Rockville, Bethesda, Towson, Columbia
Read More About Maryland
- Discover Maryland's Eastern Shore and the beauty and preservation the region boasts with charming towns, sandy beaches, marinas and wildlife.
- Find out why transportation and logistics companies are flocking to Maryland's Eastern Shore.
- Fort Meade, University of Maryland head an impressive list
- Walkability, a burgeoning job market, and an excellent food scene are just a few of the benefits of living in our nation's capital.
- When you need a break from beaches packed like sardines.
- Learn why Rockville, MD isn't just a great place to raise a family, but one of the best places to live in America.
- A list of top employers in Maryland's Eastern Shore region.
- La Plata MD's history spans more than 350 years and includes tobacco farming, wars, gambling, fires and tornadoes.
Featured Cities in Maryland
Find a City in MarylandSearch for any city in Maryland to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MD
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$74,551|
|Median Home Price||$286,900|
|Median Property Tax||$1,951|
Employment Rate in MD
Race in MD
Employment Rate in MD
Educational Levels in MD
|Graduate or Professional Degree||17.3%|
|High School Graduate||25.5%|
|Some College, No Degree||19.5%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||37.9%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||89.4%|
Industry in MD
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||0.5%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.3%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.1%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||15.2%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.6%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.3%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.4%|
Housing in MD
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Maryland
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Bel Air South||46,955||$272,200||$87,548|