Florida : What you need to know
The Sunshine State has a low cost of living and major industries like tourism, construction, banking, healthcare, aerospace and defense. With its state capital of Tallahassee and largest city Jacksonville, other best places to live in Florida include Orlando, Coral Gables, Tampa, Gainesville and Fort Lauderdale. Florida borders both the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico, and there are many recreational attractions – including DisneyWorld, Cape Canaveral, the Everglades, South Beach and the Florida Keys.
- Avoid the tourist traps and discover these gorgeous hidden gems — with plenty of space for your beach blanket.
- The top six cities you would want to live based on affordability, community, amenities and quality of life.
- Moving to Florida? Here are 11 great cities in The Sunshine State
- Dreaming of a place where you can swim with a dolphin, attend a pro football game, and drink a beer on a ghost tour all in the same day?
- Impressive list includes TPC, Bay Hill, Innisbrook
- From wildlife to road trips to rodeos, take it from a local: Florida is full of surprises.
Read More About Florida
- Yes, you read that right: the South Florida rodeo scene.
- For serenity, beach time or a big move to sandy beaches, these Florida towns deserve a second look.
- Important sectors include tourism, agriculture, healthcare and more.
- Entertainment offerings add plenty of fun flavor to the community.
- BayCare, Publix, USF head an impressive list
- Florida residents have the best park perks. And we're not just talking about pricing.
- These seven awe-inspiring destinations make the Sunshine State even more appealing.
- From viewing a space shuttle launch to swimming with manatees, here are 9 once-in-a-lifetime experiences you can only have in the Sunshine State.
- Swing on by these Instagram accounts next time you're surfing the Internet for some of the best views America has to offer.
Featured Cities in Florida
Find a City in FloridaSearch for any city in Florida to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about FL
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$47,507|
|Median Home Price||$159,000|
|Median Property Tax||$1,435|
Employment Rate in FL
Race in FL
Employment Rate in FL
Educational Levels in FL
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.8%|
|High School Graduate||29.5%|
|Some College, No Degree||20.7%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||27.3%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||86.9%|
Industry in FL
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.1%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7.7%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||12.7%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21.3%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||12.2%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.4%|
Housing in FL
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Florida
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Port St. Lucie||172,054||$137,100||$49,813|