Florida: What you need to know
The Sunshine State has a low cost of living and major industries like tourism, construction, banking, healthcare, aerospace and defense. With its state capital of Tallahassee and largest city Jacksonville, other best places to live in Florida include Orlando, Coral Gables, Tampa, Gainesville and Fort Lauderdale. Florida borders both the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico, and there are many recreational attractions – including DisneyWorld, Cape Canaveral, the Everglades, South Beach and the Florida Keys.
- Enjoy a day on the links at these impressive courses
- Avoid the tourist traps and discover these gorgeous hidden gems — with plenty of space for your beach blanket.
- Get the most bang for your buck in the Sunshine State.
- Moving to Florida? Here are 11 great cities in The Sunshine State
- Dreaming of a place where you can swim with a dolphin, attend a pro football game, and drink a beer on a ghost tour all in the same day?
- From wildlife to road trips to rodeos, take it from a local: Florida is full of surprises.
Read More About Florida
- From not one but TWO mummies in rural Indiana to a clown dollhouse(!) in Nebraska, here's where to find some of the country's coolest, creepiest attractions.
- College towns aren't just for students — they're perfect places for retirees. Here's why.
- Yes, you read that right: the South Florida rodeo scene.
- Sarasota offers great fun for the whole family
- For serenity, beach time or a big move to sandy beaches, these Florida towns deserve a second look.
- Important sectors include tourism, agriculture, healthcare and more.
- Miami Beach, Fla., has a multicultural community and an abundance of shopping, dining and nightlife options.
- Entertainment offerings add plenty of fun flavor to the community.
- BayCare, Publix, USF head an impressive list
Featured Cities in Florida
Find a City in FloridaSearch for any city in Florida to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about FL
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$47,507|
|Median Home Price||$159,000|
|Median Property Tax||$1,435|
Employment Rate in FL
Race in FL
Employment Rate in FL
Educational Levels in FL
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.8%|
|High School Graduate||29.5%|
|Some College, No Degree||20.7%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||27.3%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||86.9%|
Industry in FL
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.1%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7.7%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||12.7%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21.3%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||12.2%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.4%|
Housing in FL
Best places to Live in Florida
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|Port St. Lucie||172,054||$137,100||$49,813|