Minnesota : What you need to know
Minnesota is home to some of the best places to live in America, including the home of the renowned Mayo Clinic and number one on our 2017 Top 100 Best Places to Live, Rochester. With four distinct seasons, the state embraces the outdoors. Yes, it snows. But so what, when the state offers so many winter recreation opportunities? It is the Land of 10,000 (actually more than 12,000) Lakes, providing countless opportunities for all manner of water sports as well as hiking, biking, camping and any number of ways to connect with the outdoors.
The North Star State's economy shines, with major industry sectors in bioscience, healthcare services, advanced manufacturing and finance. The state is home to 17 Fortune 500 companies, including General Mills, 3M, Target, Medtronic, Best Buy, US Bancorp and Land O’ Lakes.
- Minnesota creates the ideal environment to ignite new opportunities
- Minnesota creates the ideal climate to draw talent and newcomers.
- Sports, arts and outdoors combine to put tourism spotlight on the state
- These 10 Minnesota cities will make you feel safe and sound - we've put together a list of the most peaceful communities.
- Love the outdoors, food, festivals or small town charm? These are just a few reasons to head to the North Star State.
Read More About Minnesota
- Strong financial services yield innovative new companies
- Minnesota companies are on the front lines of the IoT revolution
- Active lifestyles are as big as all outdoors in Minnesota
- A pipeline of skilled talent propels Minnesota's advanced manufacturing sector
- Law changes lift the spirits of breweries, wineries and distilleries in Minnesota
- A network of resources, wealth of talent, access to capital fuel entrepreneurial growth
- Minnesota cements status as national leader in bioscience research and discovery
- Agriculture and food production is a major staple of the Minnesota economy
- Minnesota's powerhouse research assets generate breakout companies
Featured Cities in Minnesota
Find a City in MinnesotaSearch for any city in Minnesota to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MN
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$61,492|
|Median Home Price||$186,200|
|Median Property Tax||$1,490|
Employment Rate in MN
Race in MN
Employment Rate in MN
Educational Levels in MN
|Graduate or Professional Degree||11.2%|
|High School Graduate||26.1%|
|Some College, No Degree||21.9%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||33.7%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||92.4%|
Industry in MN
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.3%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.6%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7.2%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||9.8%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.8%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.4%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.5%|
Housing in MN
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Minnesota
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|St. Louis Park||47,043||$229,500||$66,432|