Minnesota: What you need to know
Minnesota is home to some of the best places to live in America, including the home of the renowned Mayo Clinic and number one on our 2017 Top 100 Best Places to Live, Rochester. With four distinct seasons, the state embraces the outdoors. Yes, it snows. But so what, when the state offers so many winter recreation opportunities? It is the Land of 10,000 (actually more than 12,000) Lakes, providing countless opportunities for all manner of water sports as well as hiking, biking, camping and any number of ways to connect with the outdoors.
The North Star State's economy shines, with major industry sectors in bioscience, healthcare services, advanced manufacturing and finance. The state is home to 17 Fortune 500 companies, including General Mills, 3M, Target, Medtronic, Best Buy, US Bancorp and Land O’ Lakes.
- Minnesota creates the ideal climate to draw talent and newcomers.
- Sports, arts and outdoors combine to put tourism spotlight on the state
- These 10 Minnesota cities will make you feel safe and sound - we've put together a list of the most peaceful communities.
- Love the outdoors, food, festivals or small town charm? These are just a few reasons to head to the North Star State.
Read More About Minnesota
- These 10 state fairs take the (funnel) cake for most fun.
- America's wine industry is thriving — in places you might not expect.
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- A leading university, hip music scene and an ideal location are just a few reasons to relocate to this charming town.
- Buying things doesn't make you happy, but a few thoughtful purchases can open the door to new experiences — and help you love where you live.
- It's a great time to be a young professional in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
- The home of the famed Mayo Clinic – and much more.
- Strong financial services yield innovative new companies
- Minnesota companies are on the front lines of the IoT revolution
Featured Cities in Minnesota
Find a City in MinnesotaSearch for any city in Minnesota to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MN
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$61,492|
|Median Home Price||$186,200|
|Median Property Tax||$1,490|
Employment Rate in MN
Race in MN
Employment Rate in MN
Educational Levels in MN
|Graduate or Professional Degree||11.2%|
|High School Graduate||26.1%|
|Some College, No Degree||21.9%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||33.7%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||92.4%|
Industry in MN
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.3%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.6%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7.2%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||9.8%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.8%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.4%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.5%|
Housing in MN
Best places to Live in Minnesota
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|St. Louis Park||47,043||$229,500||$66,432|