Oregon : What you need to know
Oregon’s landscape ranges from the windswept Pacific coastline to the Cascade Mountains. Between dense evergreen forests are unique cities where individuality and creative expression are celebrated. Eugene, Salem and Portland are among the best places to live in Oregon. Home to Nike’s world headquarters as well as Harry and David and Graphic Arts Center Publishing, Oregon’s economy revolves around technology, tourism and agriculture. The University of Oregon and Oregon State University are the state’s top colleges.
- Can't afford Portland but want that Oregon vibe? We've got the affordable options for you.
- Get your feet wet at one (or all!) of Oregon's most breathtaking waterfalls.
- Climbing mountains, swimming in lakes, drinking beer: Who's in?
Read More About Oregon
- And forget flour and sugar: today's Oregon Trail players stock up on artisanal coffee and craft beer.
- The list includes Nike, Oregon State, Intel, and more
- Here are 12 reasons why this region is THE place to live
- Discover the best things to do in Oregon, from top attractions and events, to great West Coast experiences and stunning views.
- These are the seven top employers in Eugene, OR.
- Rapid growth, new programs and advanced degrees offered at colleges and universities add up to a valuable asset for Portland, OR residents and businesses.
Featured Cities in Oregon
Find a City in OregonSearch for any city in Oregon to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about OR
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$51,243|
|Median Home Price||$237,300|
|Median Property Tax||$1,557|
Employment Rate in OR
Race in OR
Employment Rate in OR
Educational Levels in OR
|Graduate or Professional Degree||11.5%|
|High School Graduate||24.3%|
|Some College, No Degree||26.3%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||30.8%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||89.8%|
Industry in OR
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||3.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.1%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.7%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||10.6%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.1%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.9%|
Housing in OR
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Oregon
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|