California : What you need to know
One of every eight Americans lives in California, and it’s easy to see what attracts them with the Pacific Coast, redwood forests, Sierra Nevada Mountains, Mojave Desert and a Mediterranean climate. The Golden State is home to some of the country's best places to work including Google, Intel and Scripps Health. The best places to live in California include Palo Alto, Berkeley, Santa Clara, Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco , Victorville and Irvine
- Agriculture, tourism, technology are major economic contributors.
- The state with some of the biggest cities in the country also features some of the most livable small towns in America.
- Naval Station, UCLA, Disney head impressive list
- Even in expensive California, affordability is still possible.
Read More About California
- These 7 gems might not have been on your radar before, but they will be now.
- As if you need another reason besides the weather, the outdoors, the economy, and In-N-Out Burger.
- Aside from the weather, the beach, the incredible food scene, and more.
- Natural beauty, cutting-edge technology, vibrant food culture, movies and music - California has it all
- Wine, music, and a really cool courthouse: Here are some of the best things to do in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Gorgeous, year-around sunshine isn't the only reason to pack up and head to this city.
- UC Santa Barbara, Raytheon head an impressive list.
- Mountains, great food, near the ocean: What more could you ask for?
- Great activities, attractions and places to see in California
Featured Cities in California
Find a City in CaliforniaSearch for any city in California to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about CA
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$61,818|
|Median Home Price||$385,500|
|Median Property Tax||$2,155|
Employment Rate in CA
Race in CA
Employment Rate in CA
Educational Levels in CA
|Graduate or Professional Degree||11.6%|
|High School Graduate||20.7%|
|Some College, No Degree||21.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||31.4%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||81.8%|
Industry in CA
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.7%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.2%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||12.9%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||10.2%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.4%|
Housing in CA
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in California
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|