California: What you need to know
One of every eight Americans lives in California, and it’s easy to see what attracts them with the Pacific Coast, redwood forests, Sierra Nevada Mountains, Mojave Desert and a Mediterranean climate. The Golden State is home to some of the country's best places to work including Google, Intel and Scripps Health. The best places to live in California include Palo Alto, Berkeley, Santa Clara, Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco , Victorville and Irvine.
- These 7 gems might not have been on your radar before, but they will be now.
- California is a laid-back paradise with pristine beaches and hip, bustling cities waiting to be explored.
- A look at the top 10 most livable cities in the Golden State.
- Even in expensive California, affordability is still possible.
- Natural beauty, cutting-edge technology, vibrant food culture, movies and music - California has it all.
- California's top employers include UCLA and Disney. Can you guess how many employees they have?
- The state with some of the biggest cities in the country also features some of the most livable small towns in America.
- In San Francisco, the cost of living is as steep as the hills. Get more bang for your buck in these nearby cities.
Read More About California
- There are amazing pours outside of wine country.
- You want a pizza this? Here are our 8 favorite types of pizza across the country.
- Because the tech center of the world has a lot to offer in the outdoor adventures department, too.
- These 10 state fairs take the (funnel) cake for most fun.
- From not one but TWO mummies in rural Indiana to a clown dollhouse(!) in Nebraska, here's where to find some of the country's coolest, creepiest attractions.
- College towns aren't just for students — they're perfect places for retirees. Here's why.
- These unexpected July 4th celebrations rival larger cities with more than just fireworks.
- This artsy desert town delivers beauty and fun for tourists and residents alike — without the Palm Springs price tag.
- Agriculture, tourism, technology are major economic contributors.
Featured Cities in California
Find a City in CaliforniaSearch for any city in California to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about CA
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$61,818|
|Median Home Price||$385,500|
|Median Property Tax||$2,155|
Employment Rate in CA
Race in CA
Employment Rate in CA
Educational Levels in CA
|Graduate or Professional Degree||11.6%|
|High School Graduate||20.7%|
|Some College, No Degree||21.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||31.4%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||81.8%|
Industry in CA
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.7%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.2%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||12.9%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||10.2%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.4%|
Housing in CA
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in California
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|