Indiana : What you need to know
The Hoosier State offers residents a great quality of life with natural attractions and vibrant cultural destinations. The capital city of Indianapolis along with Muncie, Evansville, South Bend and Bloomington and among the best places to live in Indiana. Military installations as well as strong manufacturing and agriculture sectors drive the economy in Indiana. Pro sports teams like the Indianapolis Colts and Indiana Pacers give residents something to cheer for. Well-known universities include Indiana, Indiana State, Purdue, Ball State and Notre Dame.
- How to eat a tenderloin is up to you. Where to eat a tenderloin? We've got you covered.
- "The Crossroads of America" offers an array of amenities to residents.
- Children’s Museum, Abe’s boyhood home are among several hotspots
- Looking for the best place to live in Indiana? We've got you covered.
- Explore the Indiana State Museum for history, culture and science
Read More About Indiana
- From not one but TWO mummies in rural Indiana to a clown dollhouse(!) in Nebraska, here's where to find some of the country's coolest, creepiest attractions.
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- East Central Indiana offers a variety of arts and cultural venues, including theater and the performing arts
- Region offers innovators many resources for developing products, companies.
- Hospitals, universities head an impressive list.
- The region's residents have easy access to top-notch health-care facilities.
- Region abounds with excellent education options
- Indiana lawmakers nearly passed a law to "square the circle."
- Bloomington offers a surprisingly diverse and exciting lifestyle for residents
Featured Cities in Indiana
Find a City in IndianaSearch for any city in Indiana to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about IN
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$49,255|
|Median Home Price||$124,200|
|Median Property Tax||$1,102|
Employment Rate in IN
Race in IN
Employment Rate in IN
Educational Levels in IN
|Graduate or Professional Degree||8.7%|
|High School Graduate||34.6%|
|Some College, No Degree||20.9%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||24.1%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||87.8%|
Industry in IN
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.1%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.2%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.7%|
Housing in IN
Best places to Live in Indiana
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|