Missouri: What you need to know
There’s a lot to see in the Show Me State. Missouri’s geography is highly diverse, ranging from the Ozark Mountains to the Missouri River and the beginning of the Northern Plains. Living in Missouri puts residents near the center of the United States. The best places to live in Missouri are St. Louis, West Plains, Chesterfield, O'Fallon and Columbia. Major industries in Missouri include food processing, aerospace, transportation equipment and beer making.
- “The sense of community, the momentum, the breadth of opportunity — St. Louis is really just a great place to be.”
- Silicon Prairie, anyone? These unexpected regions are emerging as America's brightest — not to mention affordable and inclusive — tech hubs.
- Attractive communities include Springfield, Creve Coeur, Clayton
- Experience St. Louis like a true local.
- From world championship baseball, to world class beer, St. Louis quietly offers residents some of the best amenities in the U.S.
- Affordability and community make this big Midwestern city feel like small town USA.
Read More About Missouri
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- America's wine industry is thriving — in places you might not expect.
- A list of the major employers in the Blue Springs, MO, area.
- With its central location in the state and the nation, Jefferson City is well placed to do busines
Featured Cities in Missouri
Find a City in MissouriSearch for any city in Missouri to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MO
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$48,173|
|Median Home Price||$138,400|
|Median Property Tax||$1,210|
Employment Rate in MO
Race in MO
Employment Rate in MO
Educational Levels in MO
|Graduate or Professional Degree||10.2%|
|High School Graduate||31.3%|
|Some College, No Degree||22.6%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||27.1%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||88.4%|
Industry in MO
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.8%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.8%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||9.4%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.4%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.3%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.8%|
Housing in MO
Best places to Live in Missouri
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|