Mississippi : What you need to know
Living in Mississippi puts residents at a confluence of Southern charm, innovation and cutting edge culture. Mississippi’s temperate climate and abundance of waterways make it a popular location for outdoor lovers. It includes large forested areas, swamps and beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. Oxford, Tupelo and Jackson are among the best places to live in Mississippi. Casinos, colleges and hospitals make up the top employers in Mississippi.
Read More About Mississippi
- Ole Miss, hospitals, manufacturers lead the way
- Tupelo, MS businesses include many manufacturing industries specializing in furniture production.
- The University of Mississippi and the Lafayette-Yalobusha Technical Center make up Oxford's higher education landscape.
- In operation for more than a century, Meridian's Dentzel Carousel is a beloved family-friendly attraction and National Historic Landmark.
- Vicksburg, MS attracts businesses due to its major port on the Mississippi River, economic incentives and its residents’ strong work ethics.
- The two-story home has been designated a National Literary Landmark
- Learn who the top employers in Meridian, MS are and see where the best places to work and find jobs could be.
Featured Cities in Mississippi
Find a City in MississippiSearch for any city in Mississippi to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MS
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$39,665|
|Median Home Price||$103,100|
|Median Property Tax||$1,077|
Employment Rate in MS
Race in MS
Employment Rate in MS
Educational Levels in MS
|Graduate or Professional Degree||7.7%|
|High School Graduate||30.3%|
|Some College, No Degree||22.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||20.7%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||82.3%|
Industry in MS
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||3.1%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.7%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||4.9%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||6.6%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.4%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.5%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.8%|
Housing in MS
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Mississippi
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|