New Mexico : What you need to know
Known as the “Land of Enchantment,” New Mexico offers residents breathtaking views, colorful scenery and vibrant culture. The best places to live in New Mexico include Santa Fe, Los Alamos, which is home to the National Laboratory, and Las Cruces. Millions of acres of land in New Mexico fall under the protection of the National Forest and National Park Services. People living in New Mexico enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine each year.
- If outdoor adventure is your #1 priority, these small cities are the perfect home base.
- What's it really like to retire and start fresh in the Land of Enchantment? We asked someone who did it.
- New Mexico offers cheap living among breathtaking views.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia, UNM head an impressive list
- Albuquerque, Los Alamos, Rio Rancho head an impressive list
Read More About New Mexico
- America's wine industry is thriving — in places you might not expect.
- Find out why Los Alamos is a place you don't want to pass up.
- New Mexico offers cheap living among breathtaking views, hot air balloons
- Spoiler alert: You’re going to want to pack your bags and move to Los Alamos after reading this.
- Las Cruces’ economy is grounded by big industries
- Albuquerque NM include aerospace and defense, energy technology including solar energy, and semicondcutor and computer chip manufacturing.
Featured Cities in New Mexico
Find a City in New MexicoSearch for any city in New Mexico to find your best place to live..
New Mexico Profile
Quick Facts about NM
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$44,963|
|Median Home Price||$160,300|
|Median Property Tax||$1,227|
Employment Rate in NM
Race in NM
Employment Rate in NM
Educational Levels in NM
|Graduate or Professional Degree||11.5%|
|High School Graduate||26.4%|
|Some College, No Degree||23.6%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||26.3%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||84.2%|
Industry in NM
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||4.5%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.5%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||4.5%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||11.2%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||25.1%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||11.1%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.8%|
Housing in NM
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in New Mexico
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|