Vermont : What you need to know
As the leading producer of maple syrup in the United States, Vermont is also a sweet destination for outdoor recreation, with multiple skiing/snowboarding venues along with Lake Champlain that forms half of the state's western border. Hikers can enjoy spots like Long Trail and Catamount Trail. The best places to live in Vermont include Burlington, Rutland, Montpelier, Bennington and Brattleboro. The state has 14 private colleges and five University of Vermont campuses.
- From a real-life Polar Express to a formal ball with penguins in attendance(!), New England pulls out all the stops for the holidays. All aboard!
- Vermont's natural beauty and tight-knit communities make it a great place to live. Here are four Vermont cities that won't break the bank.
- Great hotspots are Brattleboro, Burlington, Essex Junction, Middlebury, Montpelier
- Skiing, ferry rides, famous home tours highlight choices here
- Products made in Vermont get new marketplace to show it's more than just maple syrup.
Read More About Vermont
Featured Cities in Vermont
Find a City in VermontSearch for any city in Vermont to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about VT
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$55,176|
|Median Home Price||$217,500|
|Median Property Tax||$1,535|
Employment Rate in VT
Race in VT
Employment Rate in VT
Educational Levels in VT
|Graduate or Professional Degree||14.3%|
|High School Graduate||30.1%|
|Some College, No Degree||17.4%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||36%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||91.8%|
Industry in VT
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||2.6%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||3.3%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||4.8%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8.5%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||28.6%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.2%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.5%|
Housing in VT
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Vermont
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|White River Junction||2,267||$194,600||$38,350|