Massachusetts : What you need to know
Boston may get most of the attention in this New England state, but Massachusetts holds many other livable communities. Some of the best places to live in Massachusetts include Cambridge, Brookline and Newton. More than a dozen Fortune 500 companies are located in Massachusetts, including Liberty Mutual. The state also has more than 7,000 farms growing tobacco, livestock and fruit.
- Choice communities include Boston, Worchester, Northampton.
- Discover five budget-friendly places to put down roots in Massachusetts
- Beaches, skiing, the best sports teams in the world: What isn't there to do in the Bay State?
Read More About Massachusetts
- From a real-life Polar Express to a formal ball with penguins in attendance(!), New England pulls out all the stops for the holidays. All aboard!
- List includes Boston College, Wegmans and two hospitals.
- From secret parks and secret bars to the best hidden oasis in the city, Boston has it all.
- World class health care and education, a rich history, walkability, and everything else you could want in a city.
- Swing on by these Instagram accounts next time you're surfing the Internet for some of the best views America has to offer.
Featured Cities in Massachusetts
Find a City in MassachusettsSearch for any city in Massachusetts to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MA
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$68,563|
|Median Home Price||$333,100|
|Median Property Tax||$2,063|
Employment Rate in MA
Featured Cities/Population in MA
Race in MA
Employment Rate in MA
Educational Levels in MA
|Graduate or Professional Degree||17.7%|
|High School Graduate||25.4%|
|Some College, No Degree||16.2%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||40.5%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||89.8%|
Industry in MA
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||0.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||3.6%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7.6%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||13.2%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||27.9%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.8%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.4%|
Housing in MA
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Massachusetts
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|