North Carolina : What you need to know
Living in North Carolina puts you in prime adventure territory. Residents here enjoy 300 miles of pristine beaches and some of the country’s most beautiful old-growth hardwood forests and mountain tops. Asheville, Greensboro and Charlotte are among the best places to live in North Carolina, a state experiencing continual economic growth. Home to Pinehurst, one of the country’s most beloved golf courses, Seagrove, the handmade-pottery capital of the U.S., and Biltmore, America’s largest home, North Carolina has a strong tourism industry.
Read More About North Carolina
- Take a walk on the wild side with this list of unusual activities.
- Residents have access to diverse neighborhoods, enjoyable quality of life.
- Rich history, beautiful towns, easy living.
- Find out who the top employers are in one of the East Coast's best military towns.
- Wilkes County's health and wellness offerings continue to grow with the community
- Lace up your hiking boots, and maybe your swim trunks, for these NC beauties
- Department of Defense and Craven County Schools top list of largest employers.
- Or where you're least likely to find tourists outnumbering the grains of sand.
- These seven extraordinary destinations in North Carolina will take your breath away.
Featured Cities in North Carolina
Find a City in North CarolinaSearch for any city in North Carolina to find your best place to live..
North Carolina Profile
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$46,868|
|Median Home Price||$154,900|
|Median Property Tax||$1,248|
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.9%|
|High School Graduate||26.7%|
|Some College, No Degree||21.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||28.4%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||85.8%|
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.3%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.3%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||10.3%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.5%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.4%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.9%|
Best places to Live in North Carolina
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|