Nebraska: What you need to know
The fact that billionaire Warren Buffett lives in Nebraska says a lot about what the Cornhusker State has to offer. Affordability is one of the key factors contributing to Nebraska’s continual growth. Residents living in Nebraska enjoy a plethora of outdoor attractions and charming, small towns. The best places to live in Nebraska include Omaha, Lincoln and Scottsbluff.
- Silicon Prairie, anyone? These unexpected regions are emerging as America's brightest — not to mention affordable and inclusive — tech hubs.
- Attractive communities include Lincoln, Papillion, Grand Island.
Read More About Nebraska
- Yes, you read that right: creative chefs and local foodies have transformed Omaha into an unlikely culinary capital. Here's a peek inside the kitchen.
- From not one but TWO mummies in rural Indiana to a clown dollhouse(!) in Nebraska, here's where to find some of the country's coolest, creepiest attractions.
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- "Omaha has a reputation for great steaks, but we’re a lot more than that."
- Check out our picks for making the best of what Omaha has to offer.
- A list of the top employers in Omaha, NE.
- People who visit or live in Lincoln may use many words to describe the Midwestern city
Featured Cities in Nebraska
Find a City in NebraskaSearch for any city in Nebraska to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about NE
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$52,997|
|Median Home Price||$133,200|
|Median Property Tax||$1,270|
Employment Rate in NE
Race in NE
Employment Rate in NE
Educational Levels in NE
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.7%|
|High School Graduate||27.5%|
|Some College, No Degree||23.9%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||29.3%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||90.7%|
Industry in NE
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||4.6%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.6%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||7.4%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8.2%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.8%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||7.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.5%|
Housing in NE
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Nebraska
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|South Sioux City||13,315||$107,600||$44,784|