Oklahoma : What you need to know
Mountain ranges, rivers and forests in Oklahoma provide plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Aviation, oil and gas production, food processing and telecommunications drive the economy in Oklahoma. Muskogee, Broken Arrow and Tulsa are among the best places to live in Oklahoma. Members of more than 65 Native American tribes live in Oklahoma and contribute to the state’s culture. The Tulsa Ballet, Oklahoma City Museum of Art and Norman Music Festival draw thousands of visitors each year.
Read More About Oklahoma
- Rogers State, Baker Hughes are among key economic contributors
- Find out what makes Claremore a top spot for lifelong learners
- Biggest Businesses keep Broken Arrow's economy balanced.
- McAlester's workforce includes manufacturing, oil and gas, health care, education and government agencies.
- McAlester's parks, golf courses, lakes and other outdoor attractions keep residents on the move.
- A list of the major employers in the Tulsa, OK, area.
- Stillwater places strong emphasis on training and education for its workforce, preparing employees from near and far for careers in a number of businesses and industries.
Featured Cities in Oklahoma
Find a City in OklahomaSearch for any city in Oklahoma to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about OK
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$46,879|
|Median Home Price||$117,900|
|Median Property Tax||$1,147|
Employment Rate in OK
Race in OK
Employment Rate in OK
Educational Levels in OK
|Graduate or Professional Degree||8%|
|High School Graduate||31.7%|
|Some College, No Degree||23.9%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||24.1%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||86.9%|
Industry in OK
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||5.2%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.1%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.6%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||8.2%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||22.5%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.2%|
Housing in OK
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Oklahoma
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|