Georgia : What you need to know
Home to 1,700 internationally headquartered facilities representing 43 countries, Georgia has a variety of industries such as textiles, mining, agriculture and technology. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International is the world's busiest airport, and Georgia features one of the largest military presences in the country. Best places to live in Georgia include Augusta, Savannah, Columbus and Macon, and The Peach State has nearly 50 state parks and pro sports like the Atlanta Braves, Falcons and Hawks.
- Georgia has so much more to offer besides its famous peaches.
- List includes military posts, Emory University, Winn-Dixie
- Budget conscious? Find out which cities in Georgia are perfect for you.
- Georgia may be known as the Peach State, but the Empire State of the South is also home to Coca-Cola and Vidalia onions, among many other delights.
- Augusta, Athens, Peachtree City are among many popular places
- You may know Georgia for all things peachy, but it's actually home to some of the most killer waterfalls.
Read More About Georgia
- Off the beaten path and plenty of room to plop down a beach chair, these sandy getaways will keep you coming back year after year.
- The best places to work in Dalton
- Shop, drink Cokes, see museums, kayak and enjoy much more
- See our list of the best places to work
- Colleges keep the labor pool well stocked and well skilled
- Savannah's expansive health system proves to be a major economic driver, but the city's job opportunities filter throughout many industries.
Featured Cities in Georgia
Find a City in GeorgiaSearch for any city in Georgia to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about GA
|Latest Population Increase||10.00%|
|Median Household Income||$49,620|
|Median Home Price||$148,100|
|Median Property Tax||$1,346|
Employment Rate in GA
Race in GA
Employment Rate in GA
Educational Levels in GA
|Graduate or Professional Degree||10.7%|
|High School Graduate||28.4%|
|Some College, No Degree||21%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||28.8%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||85.4%|
Industry in GA
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.2%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||6%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.3%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||11.6%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.3%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5%|
Housing in GA
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Georgia
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|