Ohio : What you need to know
Consistently ranked one of the best states for business, Ohio offers residents many benefits too, including a low cost of living, excellent schools and good recreational opportunities. Manufacturing and financial industries anchor the economy in Ohio, which is the largest producer in the country of plastics, rubber and fabricated metal. The best places to live in Ohio include Akron, Cincinnati and Dublin. Sports fans have several teams to cheer for including the Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Cavaliers and the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Read More About Ohio
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- Several of Cincinnati's top employers are in health services, grocery and merchandise, and financial services industries.
- Cincinnati is home to more than 30 colleges and universities such as Miami University, University of Cincinnati and Xavier University.
- Major employers in the Oh-Penn region are in involved in manufacturing, automotive production, education, health care, and transportation and logistics.
- Licking County holds a lot of opportunities for job-seekers. Here's a list of the county's top employers.
- Akron is the site of many corporate headquarters as well as start-up operations.
Featured Cities in Ohio
Find a City in OhioSearch for any city in Ohio to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about OH
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$49,429|
|Median Home Price||$129,900|
|Median Property Tax||$1,246|
Employment Rate in OH
Race in OH
Employment Rate in OH
Educational Levels in OH
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.7%|
|High School Graduate||34.1%|
|Some College, No Degree||20.7%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||26.1%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||89.1%|
Industry in OH
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.1%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.8%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.4%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||9.3%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||24.2%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.1%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.5%|
Housing in OH
Best places to Live in Ohio
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|