Texas : What you need to know
Deep in the heart of Texas are prairies, forests, rugged hills, desert land, a coastline and grasslands that give residents multiple venues to enjoy life. The best places to live in Texas include Plano, Denton, Corpus Christi, Cedar Hill, Rowlett, Tyler, McAllen, El Paso and Fort Worth. Major industries in Texas include agriculture, petrochemicals, energy, computers, aerospace and biomedicine. The Lone Star State houses four national research universities along with a variety of professional and college sports teams.
- From large urban areas to miles and miles of wide open spaces, the vast regions of Texas offer new residents a good chance of finding a location that best fits their desires
- Affordability, jobs, and delicious food are only just the tip of the iceberg.
- Jobs, affordable housing and great schools help these cities lure families to the Lone Star State.
- Outstanding job opportunities, world-class amenities and relatively inexpensive housing make these cities among the best places to live in Texas
- A&M, Shell, MD Anderson lead an impressive list.
- With more than 1,400 holiday events, this Texas town's Christmas spirit is off the charts (and totally contagious).
Read More About Texas
- Put on your boots and visit Mission Control, Six Flags, Austin City Limits and more.
- These larger-than-life people, products, and brands all got their start in the Lone Star State.
- These charming towns — complete with quirky traditions and enthusiastic locals — are a dream come true for 'Gilmore Girls' fans.
- America's wine industry is thriving — in places you might not expect.
- The ‘Rose Capital’ is attractive in many ways.
- City core blends historic charm, modern attractions.
- #5: Texas flags are appropriate home and dorm accessories
- From Big Bend National Park to El Capitan in west Texas: Everything's bigger in the Lone Star State, even natural formations.
- Our lovely infographic breaks it all down, including some hidden taxes you may not be aware of.
Featured Cities in Texas
Find a City in TexasSearch for any city in Texas to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about TX
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$53,207|
|Median Home Price||$136,000|
|Median Property Tax||$1,432|
Employment Rate in TX
Race in TX
Employment Rate in TX
Educational Levels in TX
|Graduate or Professional Degree||9.4%|
|High School Graduate||25.2%|
|Some College, No Degree||22.5%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||27.6%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||81.9%|
Industry in TX
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||3.4%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||5.5%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||6.6%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||11.1%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||21.6%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||8.9%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||5.3%|
Housing in TX
Best places to Live in Texas
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|