Michigan : What you need to know
More than half of Michigan is covered by forests making the state fertile ground for hunting and nature enthusiasts. The state’s craft beer scene also draws tourists, while its charming cities lure many new residents. The best places to live in Michigan include Traverse City, Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids. Automakers Ford and GM lead the top employers in Michigan, but the state is home to thriving industries like aerospace and military equipment manufacturing, copper and ore mining, tourism and Christmas tree farming.
- Manufacturers, healthcare providers, U of M rank high on the list.
- The Wolverine State delivers on budget-conscious living without skimping on the amenities
- Attractive communities include Ann Arbor, Marquette, Rochester Hills
Read More About Michigan
- America's wine industry is thriving — in places you might not expect.
- Traverse City was named our 2016 Best Small Town in America, and here are four reasons why.
- Cheese curds, lakes, beer, quality education, four seasons: There's a lot to love about being in the Midwest.
- Swing on by these Instagram accounts next time you're surfing the Internet for some of the best views America has to offer.
- EMU, UPS, private firms head the list
- Depot Town, entertainment spots highlight the city
- Find out who the major employers are in Ann Arbor, MI.
Featured Cities in Michigan
Find a City in MichiganSearch for any city in Michigan to find your best place to live..
Quick Facts about MI
|Latest Population Increase||0.00%|
|Median Household Income||$49,576|
|Median Home Price||$122,400|
|Median Property Tax||$1,257|
Employment Rate in MI
Race in MI
Employment Rate in MI
Educational Levels in MI
|Graduate or Professional Degree||10.5%|
|High School Graduate||29.9%|
|Some College, No Degree||23.8%|
|Percent Bachelor's Degree or Higher||26.9%|
|Percent High School Graduate or Higher||89.6%|
Industry in MI
|Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting and Mining||1.3%|
|Transportation and Warehousing, and Utilities||4.2%|
|Finance and Insurance, and Real Estate and Rental and Leasing||5.4%|
|Professional, Scientific and Management and Administrative and Waste||9.3%|
|Educational Services and Health Care and Social Assistance||23.9%|
|Arts, Entertainment and recreation and Accommodation and food Services||9.5%|
|Other Services, Except Public Administration||4.7%|
Housing in MI
Data Sources : U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census, 2011-2015 American Community Survey, 2010 Census Gazetteer, GreatSchools, WalkScore, Bureau of Labor and Statistics, County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, Veterans Administration (VA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Best places to Live in Michigan
|Title||Population||Median Home Price||Median Household Income|
|St. Clair Shores||59,888||$95,000||$53,093|